READY TO BE THE LEADER YOU CAN BE?
- The Financial Times acknowledged IMD as one of the best institutions in the world for executive education and open programs.
- Our High Performance Leadership program is 100% committed to developing global leaders through high-impact executive education.
- Take your career to the next level today by strengthening your existing skills and acquiring the skills you are missing.
Discover how IMD’s High Performance Leadership program helps you leverage your core leadership style.
Our executive education programs are trusted by organizations around the world, including:
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company|
IMD is dedicated to developing global leaders and that dedication has paid off. In the 2015 Financial Times rankings IMD has been once again acknowledged as one of the best institutions in the world in its field.
IMD has ranked consistently #1 on average in the FT’s overall executive education rankings over the past eight years. This year’s rankings place IMD at first in open programs for the fourth year in a row.
What they say about our High Performance Leadership program
“High Performance Leadership is the most outstanding executive program I have ever attended. Should be mandatory for leaders. A real game changer for me!”
Andreas Norfelt | CEO | Netnordic Denmark AS | Denmark
“If you want to know the difference between a manager and a leader, you need to come to HPL.”
Jessica Schweizer | Head of Communication | Terre des Hommes Foundation | Switzerland
“IMD’s High Performance Leadership program surpassed my expectations and surprised me by the depth that we achieved in just a few days.”
Eric Anderson | Regional Vice President EMEA | Domino’s Pizza International | The Netherlands
“High Performance Leadership creates self-awareness as a foundation for leading others. I would highly recommend the program to anyone who aspires to lead at the edge.”
Rishi Pardal | Vice-President | Avery Dennison | India
“High Performance Leadership delivered results for me three days into the program. It’s high impact!”
Tek Koroye I Director Sunkumus Limited I Nigeria
Effective leadership skills: Drive stronger results with effective leadership skills
Effective leadership skills are a must-have for any executive in today’s highly competitive business environment. As an experienced executive, you have undoubtedly shown leadership skills and strength to get where you are. Nonetheless, in a business world that changes faster than ever before, you should ask yourself – is this enough? How do you know how effective your leadership skills are – and more importantly, is it possible to get better? The answer is yes: the top business schools in the world have the knowledge and strategies to help you perfect effective leadership skills.
Is it really possible to learn effective leadership skills?
It is sometimes said that real leadership is something that you are born with and that it cannot be taught. While this may be true of the great iconic leaders in a historical context, effective leadership skills can definitely be taught. High performance leadership development programs help executives at all levels develop their inherent leadership strengths and provide an unrivalled opportunity to practice and hone their leadership capabilities.
- Developing leadership vision
- Creating a unique leadership style
- Empowering and motivating your team
- Setting long-term goals and targets
- Effective negotiation skills,/li>
- Project change management
- Conflict resolution skills
- Stakeholder engagement
Programs specifically aimed at developing the most effective leadership skills
A general management or leadership program can be helpful for ensuring you have fundamental leadership skills and knowledge. But if you are ambitious, it is also possible to take it further with a leadership development program that focuses specifically on helping you develop the most effective leadership skills. Such a program aims to get to the roots of your leadership skills to help you build your strengths to take your leadership and business performance to the next level. You are challenged to become more self-aware by analyzing your personal leadership skills – and weaknesses. Action-learning and intensive group leadership exercises let you practice and perfect effective leadership skills. Another key learning tool is leadership coaching. An executive coaching consultant observes your leadership in action then guides you to hone your strongest natural leadership skills to your advantage and address weaker points. The goal is for you to develop your own authentic, personal leadership style, strength and vision.
Putting effective leadership skills into practice
Of course, any leadership development program is only beneficial if your learning is well-integrated and you can apply it back at the office. In fact, the effective leadership skills you worked on through leadership training should actually grow deeper through daily use. What should you expect? With well-designed leadership skills training from good business schools, you’ll feel confident that you can make an impact on your company’s performance by leading teams to their highest level of performance. That, after all, is the aim of developing effective leadership skills!
Boost your leadership performance
Ready to be the leader you can be?
Discover how IMD’s High Performance Leadership programhelps you leverage your core leadership style – download the free brochure now!
Looking for training on building effective leadership skills? How about IMD’s:
- Leadership programs for young managers
- Management skills training for high-potential managers
- Business Administration Degrees
- Business management courses for future business leaders
- Personalized executive leadership coaching
- Conflict resolution skills training for experienced managers
- Program for developing leadership skills for women
- Business development strategy training for business leaders
- Executive leadership development program for senior executives
- Strategic marketing training
- Strategic financial courses
- Talent management training
- Corporate governance course for board members
- Training on family businesses dynamics
- Custom corporate leadership programs for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to find the perfect program to help you develop more effective leadership skills!